Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Catching Up

I know, it's been forever since I blogged.  What with vacations and summer breaks and kids being home all the time I haven't been on the computer quite as much (which is really a good thing, overall).

But since I love all my blog readers, I thought I'd catch you up a little bit.  We went on an awesome long vacation during which my kids saw both sets of grandparents, all three great-grandparents who are still living, 10 of their 16 aunts and uncles, and 19 of their 23 cousins.  We also went to theme parks, aquariums, dinosaur museums, and national parks. 







It was great, and exhausting.  At the end I was more than ready to come home, and the kids were, too.  They were so happy to see all their toys again, and I was happy to let them play without worrying what they were getting into or what they might break.

Not much else has been going on around here.  We've been trying to have some sort of routine to the rest of our summer, but other than therapies we don't have much going on (I rather like it that way).  School starts in just 2 weeks, so that will end soon.  Spencer will be in 2nd grade and Travis will be in 1st grade.  I might try to find a Pre-K for Nathaniel if he ever decides he's willing to use the potty.  We'll see.

As far as adoption plans go, I'm still obsessing about trying to figure out what we should be doing, but we continue to not get any answers (or rather, the answer is probably just that we need to wait, but I'm not very good at that).  I'm hoping things will change sometime, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.  I do hope to at least start updating the blog a little more frequently, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment